At the Hair Restoration Centers, we are honored to be able to provide ARTAS® Robotic Assisted Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE). A revolutionary technique that offers a non-invasive hair transplant giving you the result of a naturally growing head of hair minus the scarring.
What is ARTAS® Robotic Assisted FUE?
Regular Follicular Extraction is performed using a needle that is 1 -mm in diameter that takes each hair follicle and places it onto the relevant and recipient site. This manual operation is carried out by your hair restoration surgeon and is not only time consuming but it’s also an invasive method of surgery.
The ARTAS® Robotic technique takes away the hand-operated method and places it in the hands of digital science. The ARTAS technique uses a small device that selects the follicular units in groups of one to four and extracts the given units. Thereafter, it will go on to accurately graft them onto the beneficiary sites whilst protecting your already existing head of hair.
What are the benefits?
- First and foremost, it’s much less time consuming than the traditional FUE procedures. This, in turn, will relieve the fatigue that may be experienced by your surgeon with hand-operated methods.
- Albeit that you may experience some minor discomfort, it’s substantially less invasive in comparison to traditional hair transplantation methods. Additionally, it will not require stitches and it will leave no linear scarring synonymous with the strip harvesting method of hair transplantation.
- It’s a flexible and diverse option that is suitable for a variety of skin types and ideal for both men and women alike.
- Not only does it offer increased accuracy when it comes to harvesting the grafts from the donor sites, it also benefits from an improved graft survival rate.
- You will remain awake and seated for the entire pain-free experience which is generally completed in one sitting. As a rule, you will be able to return immediately home after the procedure has been completed.
It’s important to note that your transplanted hair grafts will have to establish their own supply of blood to complete the growing cycle. This is a process that generally takes around three months. There should be noticeable improvements to hair growth after approximately six months with normal hair growth after approximately one year.
Your surgeon will be able to advise you fully on the ARTAS® Robotic Assisted Follicular Unit Extraction process and it’s important to note that it may not be suitable for all hair transplantation patients.
However, in essence, this contemporary robotic hair transplant will be performed not only quickly and efficiently, but also under a local anaesthetic. The grafts are placed at an angle that is proportionate to your normal hair growth and will leave you with a natural head of hair that will be a true crowning glory.